Workout Warrior

Workout Warrior

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What I Ate, Workout and Wisdom Wednesday

I have read several blogs that post a "What I Ate Wednesday," post so I decided to follow the trail. Sorry, but mine are not as exciting...this might just be the kick in the rear for vamping up my diets and trying some new recipes. Here are just a few of the things I ate today....


Pita Chips (hand made, cut apart from a flat out wrap, baked and topped with spelnda and salt)
Turkey and Cheddar burger with mixed veggies and Dijon mustard

Rabbit Food...celery and almonds as a mid morning snack

Some egg whites to go along with the rabbit food

My morning bowl of oats, cottage cheese, strawberries, yogurt, flax meal and protein powder, and yes they are laying on a top of un-graded papers...food comes first lol!!



Workout Wednesday!!

This week I have been doing some searching online for a specific workout routine with weights to do. I think this new routine will help me get back into weight lifting, and something a little new to add some spice into my working out besides just running...although I love running :) I came across this four day split on Body Building.com.


It might look a little intense to the average joe, but bear with me I am not completing these exercises with that much weight yet, and I am modifying it with the reps and how many times I perform each rep.

Today's workout went as followed:

3 mile treadmill run- 32 minutes followed by 8 minute cool down on bike

Stability ball bridges 2x12

Wide Grip Pull Down 2x12 40 pounds

Dumbbell Pull over 2x12 10 pounds and 1x12 12 pounds

One Arm Dumbbell Row 2x15 12 pounds

T Bar Row 2x15 30 pounds

Bicep Curls 3x12 (10 pounds each arm, last set 12 pounds each arm)

Dead lift 2x12 with bar plus 10 pounds


I know pretty light weights, but give me some time I am just getting back into the groove of weight lifting from all the way back in January. I can pretty much say I know I will be sore tomorrow...I can feel it already :) I plan on taking off Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday as my "active rest days." Active meaning, light ab work, yoga, walks with Cooper or bike riding. I know if I want to achieve still running a base of 6 miles and weight lifting I need to be taking those rest days to let my body recover.


Now on to some Wisdom. This past Sunday my past0r at my church challenged us to the 31 day challenge of reading Proverbs. Read a chapter a day throughout May. Now I LOVE going to church, but will admit I have a hard time getting into the bible and understanding it...but this Proverbs thing has got me going. I am on day 4 now and I came across a couple of passages that really struck me.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and he will show you the right way. Never let yourself think that you are wiser than you really are. Simply obey the Lord and do no wrong. If you do, it will be like good medicine, healing your wounds and easing your pains," Proverbs Chapter 3

The thing I love most about going to church and listening to sermons, is that I can find a way to connect what God teaches us with what is going on in my life. This passage struck me because sometimes I think I am the tell all to everything. I know my body so well, that I don't need to listen to anyone that says slow down, or treat it better. I am a stubborn person who thinks I can run through pain, exhaustion, and stress. When in reality, I can't. This is God's way of telling me "stop and listen to your body and take my wisdom." Because I don't always listen to the wisdom that God has sent to me, I fail in what I want to achieve. This failing, will in turn make me a stronger person and learn to rely on God more and trust in him.

I dare you to take the 31 day challenge of Proverbs and relate it to your life!


Questions: Do you attend Church, what do you find most beneficial from it if you do?


What are some yummy items you ate this Wednesday...come on they have to be more exciting than mine!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to follow your fitness journey Chels! I bet you'll be smacking down higher weights in no time!

    Great meal choices too--how ready are you and your Cooper for summer vacay?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great eats and workout! : )

    I really enjoy going to church, but I feel much closer to God when I am outdoors. What I really enjoy about church is listening to the pastor and hearing him relate the Bible and faith to our lives. The Proverbs challenges sounds really interesting. I can't wait to hear more about your perspective on it.

    ReplyDelete