Workout Warrior

Workout Warrior

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Protein Muffins and Grilling

I woke up this morning and Copper was ready to go for his walk. I set out at 8:30 and returned around 9:15. Cooper was worn out by the time we came home, I don't think he is used to the heat yet. I took this as my morning work out..my legs are stiff and sore from yesterdays run and it has been over a week since I have taken a day off from the gym. Plus, Cooper has been gone all weekend and I needed my bonding time with him. This afternoon I was in a baking mood so I whipped up some protein muffins. Mix together in a blender the following ingredients:
1 1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 1/2 cup oats
1 1/1 cup egg whites
2 scoop protein powder
1/8 cup sugar free syrup


This makes about 18 medium sized muffins. Total calories for entire batch: 1,200 calories, so around 66 calories per muffin. 2 of these little devils were my perfect afternoon snack.



The best part about perfect 80 degree weather is GRILLING! Last night Craig and I made chicken kabobs, they turned out so good I had to repeat the dinner again tonight. Also, on the side wonderful grilled pineapple, my new fav!

I am hoping my legs are in a little better shape come tomorrow, I would love to get in a 3 mile run but I will settle for the elliptical and some good upper body weights if needed.

On another note today, I had to get my hair highlighted. Well, usually I go to my all time fav Wendy, but her pricing is getting a little high...120 bucks for a highlight! Yes, insane. So I heard about another salon. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!! It did only cost my 5o bucks for a highlight and eyebrow wax but it took 4 hours. I don't know how many times I wanted to grasp her utensils and take over myself...she was soooo slow. I would have to say, today was one of the LONGEST days of my life . I think I might have to pay the price if I want good service.


Do you like getting your hair done? How much are you willing to spend on your hair?

Have you ever had a bad experience with a hair stylist?










3 comments:

  1. So I wonder if you were pleased with the results, even though it too so long...because perhaps if it were an awesome job, it would be worth the wait?

    The new lady that I've been going to is incredibly slow and I can't stand it. I may have to find someone new. I originally started going to her because the price was low ($85-ish for highlights, which is low for Richmond VA), but last time I went she had increased her prices.

    And she cut some of my hair too short to fit into a ponytail, it drives me crazy.

    Tough to find the perfect hair person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. eek! I'm terrified of bad hair experiences. I once had a lady take off 6 inches instead of a 1/2 inch trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow GREAT protein muffin recipe! they would make perfect on the go snackies too :)

    ReplyDelete