Hello friends, can you believe it, October already!! Woke up today and these legs were KILLING ME! Not really sure what I did, I have been swimming the past two days but I did do some calf raises on a calf machine Friday at the gym and followed that with a day of walking trails with the kids for our field trip. Yesterday they were sore, but this morning I woke up and my calves hurt worse. So as much as I wanted to go on a long bike ride today, I took a rest day to massage and ice my calves.
Since it is the start of a new month, I thought why not add some goals to the month of October. So here goes!
1. Make at least one different dinner meal a week, just one other then my usual dinner of pita bread with cottage cheese and a salad with fish.
2. Depending on my Achilles (getting much better) I would like to try to get in a few runs at the distance of most two miles
3. Carve pumpkins..every year Craig and I buy the pumpkins with all attempts to carve them and it never happens, I am determined this year!!
4. Increase my swim laps by 5 each week. This week I hit 40 laps in 45 minutes! I am pretty impressed, it was taking me 55 minutes a month ago just to get in 36 laps.
5. Get my bike out for a bike ride before it turns cold...I had plans to do that today but soreness got in the way
6. Order wedding invitations, which means I have to get hotels finalized, rehearsal dinner planned, and wedding rehearsal times planned....
I think those are some good goals for start! I really want to be more specific with my running but it is so hard to gauge a certain mile number when you are recovering from an injury.
What are your October Goals??