Workout Warrior

Workout Warrior

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Friday...tomorrow, really??

Really tomorrow is already Friday and I have not blogged this entire week!! Don't get me wrong, I have been meaning too..but really this week has been so jammed packed and nothing special has really struck to blog about. Monday I was in meetings all day long, followed by parent night in the evening. I managed to make it home by 9, wake up on Tuesday at 4:30am to get my workout in and then another full day of meetings. Wednesday the kids were officially back in school, they were out by 11:45 and we were stuck in a 4 hour meeting regarding how to teach Spelling...really...4 hours?? So today was my first full day with the kids and all I can say is that I am mentally and physically E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D!! Coming back after summer break is always a wake up call. For one it takes me a while to get back into the routine of waking up at 4:30am to workout, living off only 7 hours of sleep as opposed to my nice 10 that I had this summer, getting used to being on my feet ALL DAY LONG, and finally learning to love to hear my name Miss Long every 5 seconds. I will admit though, as tired and worn out as I am, it is a good feeling to be back at work. I really do love what I do, and keeping busy is my ideal thing to do, so teaching fits me well.

As for my Achilles update, it has been on and off. Monday I ran my first mile in 2 weeks! I actually ran it in less than 10 minutes, which has been a long time since I have ran it that fast. It felt pretty good most of Monday and Tuesday, but Wednesday (my rest day) it started acting up again. Last night I did some massive stretching and iced it all night. Today it felt great! Knocked out 40 min. on the elliptical followed by a nice cool down on the stationary bike. I thought for sure I would feel some pain but nope! I have a feeling this is going to be ongoing for quite some time. I am okay with not jumping right into running again, I really think I needed a break from it. I am enjoying weight lifting and also swimming. Check out my new goggles up above! Saturday after swimming I was left with huge marks under my eyes that continued to stay on my face for hours. I then read some horror stories of true marks left underneath people's eyes because of the goggles they wear. AHHHHH! Yes scared the crap out of me, so I got some new ones that basically mask my eyes and won't leave marks. 25 bucks...I will let you know if it was worth it or not.
On my way home, I ran into this. Huge storm that put me on the side of the road for about an hour waiting for it to pass. Craig had called me to tell me not to head home from work yet, but it was too late. As I was on the side of the road, I noticed several fire trucks and ambulances swarming by because of the huge accidents. I managed to get home in time tonight to miss the golf ball and baseball sized hail. Ouch!
So yes, tomorrow is Friday already and I can't believe it. This week just rushed by. I am a glad thing it is Friday because know I have time to catch up on wedding plans and relaxing. I have yet to decide if I want to swim or knock out some more elliptical tomorrow.
Enlighten me, tell me some crazy or exciting adventures in your life right now!!






1 comment:

  1. I've been MIA too!! Good to hear some updates.

    I love those swimming goggles, looks like they'd give you a huge field of vision, I'm interested to see if you like them.

    Glad your achilles is feeling better! I think everyone needs a good break from running sometimes.

    ReplyDelete