Workout Warrior

Workout Warrior

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Engaged!!

I have never been happier to return to the states and officially say I am engaged!! I have more to come regarding Costa Rica and will give a full report of how our vaca went, but this post is dedicated to my engagement. We arrived on Monday to Costa Rica. Craig and I have been looking at rings previously and I had a hint or more of a hope that this vacation would be the one. Well on Tuesday we were lounging by the pool and Craig had asked me to search through his bags in search of his sunglasses. Once up in our room I figured there would be no way he was going to purpose if he had me looking through all his bags.
Tuesday night we went to dinner at one of the Steak House restaurants in our resort. While eating dinner Craig kept asking me to see my hand. I did not think anything about it, I was more worried about when my food would be served because my head was a little loopy from the wine. I had my camera on the table and Craig had grabbed it and said it was important that he hold on to it so we don't lose it. Minutes later, Craig said he had to go to the bathroom. I was busy stealing his tomatoes from his plate when all of a sudden, a waiter stood before me with a camera. I turned around and Craig got down on one knee and tears filled his eyes, the famous question popped out of his mouth and I of course said yes. I could not have asked for a better proposal.
As you can see from this picture I was pretty ecstatic from the proposal. I am very happy with what is to come. We have talked about dates and places, and we are both considering a destination wedding sometime next July. I feel as if a year might be long for an engagement, but on the other hand, between his busy season with his job and my job the summer is the only time that might work. Are other option was the month of Feb. but I was a little hesitant with it being to close and not having enough time to plan. I really don't want to become stressed out about it.

Finally, my ring!!
Well I am off to catch up on reality, tons of laundry, groceries and getting ready to go back to teach a week of Summer Camp. I will be back with a full recap of Costa Rica! If anyone has any experience with destination weddings I would love to hear all about it!!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful, what a sweet proposal too!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG congratulations!!!! Your ring is beautiful!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What an awesome place to get engaged!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations :) That ring is beautiful and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO happy for you! Congrats my dear!

    Love how happy you look in the photos.

    And of course gorgeous ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhh!!! Congratulations! The ring is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH CONGRATS!!! That is too cute! You guys look so happy together in the pictures and the ring is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete