Workout Warrior

Workout Warrior

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Just a Quick Brag

So....I hit my 10 miler this morning. Yes, it was on the treadmill, once the weather gets up to the 50's I am going to force myself to go out and run. I just heart my dear treadmill runs. I was quite surprised, walking into the gym and starting my run...I just did not have it in me. Just thinking of the hour and a half or longer I had ahead of me was dragging my legs. Somewhere around 4 miles my mood upped and the easier my legs began to move. I told myself I could always stop at 9, once I hit 9 I said 9.5 then once I was there, hey why not finish off the 10 miler I am so dying to just say I accomplished.
Sometimes runs at the start make me think "what type of crazy person am I to put myself through this, nobody is telling me I have to do this." After the run, I remember why I run. How much clearer my mind feels, how great I feel that I accomplished something I set out to do. Running is my sanity, and as hard as it may be sometimes I don't think I could ever let it go.
Chels!

1 comment:

  1. Great job!!! I get that way sometimes too. It's great that you pushed yourself. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete