Workout Warrior

Workout Warrior

Thursday, February 10, 2011

What a Week!!

This puppy thing has turned out to be more work than I have asked for. Don't get me wrong, I am loving every minute with Cooper. For one thing, I am having to wake up about 20 minutes earlier than normal to take him out twice...we have had several accidents in the morning which in result has left me scrubbing the floors. He also likes to eat his potty mats, go figure he won't go on his potty mats but he will eat them. This happens to leave a trail of paper all over my entry way. I am not used to all the shedding or the whimpering. All in all, this is quite the learning experience. Needless to say, everyday this week I have been waiting for the bell to ring so I can run home and see my Cooper.
Some weeks go so fast for me, but at the same time I can just feel mentally drained. This is one of those weeks! I think our whole school is feeling the "no recess," this week. The weather here has been brutal, below 0 degrees almost every morning. It is amazing the type of mood the weather can put you in. With taking care of Cooper at night (hence the taking him out every half hour) I have not got much done grading paper wise. These last couple of days have just kind of felt like a whirlwind all around me.
Today I felt pretty good going into my workout. Completed a 5 miler! I really pushed myself, and I am thinking I might have just a little too hard. I have that exhausted, worn out feeling. My plan called for a 4.5 miler, as you know I am not one to follow plans very well. Learned my lesson, will stick to the plan. I am glad tomorrow is a cross training, give my poor leggers a rest.
I am eargly awaiting the weekend to come. Craig made a special reservation for Valentine's Day on Saturday and my parents are going to watch Cooper for the night so we can be free.
Good news is tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment