Busy, busy, busy! That is how I explain my week. I had a hard time falling asleep last night..I think it was because I was so anxious to get my run in for the week. Pathetic, but some nights all I can do is dream about my run the night before...and the oatmeal I will eat he he he.
This mornings run was A-W-E-S-O-M-E...and my body feels it now. Every once and a while, my right hip starts to hurt during my run. Today was one of those every once in a whiles. In the middle of my run it started to hurt, not an overbearing hurt, just more of an annoying dull pain. Near the end of my run, it faded off as my body adjusted. I .was able to complete a 5.5 mile run ending at a speed of 6.5. Wahoo! Secretly, after my run I walked into another room in my gym and danced in front of the mirrors, my endorphins were still high.
As the morning went along my hip started to hurt again, as it is know. I am a little worried about this. I would hate to have it it worse before my marathon. Tomorrow is a cross training day so that should give it some rest. I really don't think I am over training, I try to stick to running every other day as opposed to every day until my body adjust to the poundage. I googled some stretches to hopefully help with the dull pain.
The weather here has gone to snowy and a high of 20, that calls for me, a warm coffee and my couch with Cooper tonight. I am stoked for my 9 miler that I am going to try to hit Saturday at the gym.
With creating my blog, I am trying to get unique with what I write about. I have started the what I wish for Wednesdays (which I did not get too yesterday) and my newest addition will be Ten Thing Thursday. Every Thursday I am going to tell you 10 things about me.
So here goes:
1. In High school I was a cheerleader, ran track and did the swim team, but I never really succeeded in any lol.
2. I was born in Iowa, a small town called Clarinda.
3. I love, love, love yogurt! My fridge holds up to around 30 containers each week, I go through each a day.
4. My favorite flavor of yogurt is vanilla.
5. I have to allow myself to only bring 6 pieces of gum with me everyday, don't ask me why the number is 6...if I bring a whole pack I can promise it will be gone! I am a gum addict.
6. My longest run in my lifetime was 2 hours and 23 minutes.
7. This will be my first half marathon this spring.
8. This is my fourth year being an elementary school teacher.
9. I don't wear heels to work because I am too lazy, I prefer my converse all stars!
10. I have one older brother who is 29 years old.
That's a little about me! Tomorrow is Friday!!