Workout Warrior

Workout Warrior

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Back to the Grind

So today finally, it was back to work. It felt good again to get into a routine. I did keep myself pretty busy yesterday. Wednesday is usually an off rest day for me when it comes to working out. When I am busy teaching during the week, I always make sure I get one good rest day in. Since I was out of school and out of my mind with cabin fever, I hit the gym. I did some light elliptical work for 30 minutes and an easy bike ride for 15. Well I also figured I would give a shot with some different ab work. So I flipped on the P90x ab ribber. Holy Bejeezers! I made it about 3/4 through the workout and ready to throw up. My stomach killed with insane pain. Needless to say I woke up this morning with a sore neck and sore back, plus an annoying pain whenever I cough....I can't believe my abs are that out of shape!

This mornings workout was a nice steady 4.5 mile run. I kept an easy pace at 6.0 and finished the last 1/2 mile at 6.4. I have to say, once it gets nicer outside I am going to try to push myself to get out there and run more. I think my body has to get used to more hills. Although, I hate leaving my great old tredmill that is hooked up to my fav music stations ever morning :(

So tomorrow is the big day...PUPPY IS COMING HOME. Craig and I went puppy shopping yesterday, and I finally realized how much of a responsibility this is going to be. I mean yes, I admit I can be quite blonde sometimes and here I am amazed that I have to shampoo it, clean its teeth, etc. I know, I know but I am so excited...I am needed the extra responsibility in my life right now. Sometimes I tend to focus on just me, my work, my workouts, my time. I think that is why I was single for so long before Craig came along, I always just wanted to do things on my time and never wanted to consider anyone else into that equation. Well I am learning to get better at it!
Tomorrow is Friday!! Man I can tell you the weeks fly when you put in three days as oppossed to five!
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment