Workout Warrior

Workout Warrior

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

Ugh, for the past several days there has been so much rain.  The thunderstorms have been horrible and much of the Mid-West is flooded.  
My Saturday turned out great.  I went down to see my boyfriend in his hometown (he usually travels back there for the weekends because he has a lake house) and we had his cousins wedding to attend.  This was quite the most interesting wedding I have ever been to.  They were married on a pontoon boat and the family sat on the sand and watched.  Afterwords, we headed to the reception.  The food was very different from most wedding food.  Fruit, pulled pork, and little weenies were served.  It was a country wedding for sure.  I enjoyed a ton of fruit and a pulled pork sandwich.  After the reception we headed to a local street dance with a few of my friends.  It was one LONG night.  I think I drank enough beer for a small  family.  I usually don't drink beer but it is a street dance, they don't serve much else.  After the street dance we then went to a bonfire and made it home around 3am.  For sure, I was zonked out on the couch most of the day on Father's day.  Ah well, it was worth it.  Here are some of my eats from the past few days:










As you can see lots of spaghetti squash, roasted veggies, egg whites with ketchup, oatmeal with cottage cheese, and a nice big protein shake.  That is my favorite bed time snack.  
I had a horrible night of sleep last night, I am switching birth control pills and have noticed that around the same time each month I tend to get a little sick to my stomach and really bad night sweats.  I woke up several times last night but my stomach was growling by the time 5am hit and that is how I knew it was time to get to the gym.  
Today was legs:
Lunges with 15 pounds each hand 3x10
Leg press-50 pounds 3x12
Hip Sled-90 pounds 3x10 then one set of 8 each leg at 50 pounds
Hip Adduction machine 90 pounds 3x12
Some random lunges with 30 pound weight bar on shoulder
Ab work:  Crunches on incline bench 2x15 with 5 pound weight
Crunches each side with 10 pound weight 2x15 

Cardio:  15 minutes elliptical 
10 minute stair machine
5 min intervals on bike 

Wow, this was a great workout, my legs sure felt it afterwords.  I am excited for the afternoon, after I get done with summer school I am going to go see this new art exhibit downtown with a friend of mine and then catch a movie.  That is the best thing about summer, knowing that I have the afternoon to do whatever I please.  
I have been having a hard time lately sticking to drinking lightly on the weekends.  So many summer events seem to be springing up all over the place that each event calls for a drink.  I have limited my drinks to just Fri/Sat and have not noticed a gain in weight.  I think all my working out during the week is burning it off.  I might have to take a rest day tomorrow depending on how my legs feel.  I am horrible at taking my rest days, it is not so much exercise guilt but more that I enjoy it so much that I don't like taking rest days.  
I am quite excited for the month of July but it sure looks busy-each weekend I have something planned.  I have a fourth of July party back home with the boyfriend, the weekend after I start moving into my new place and am going to see Eric Church, the next weekend I head to San Fransisco with the boyfriend, a float trip to the Nibrara the weekend following and then finally I head off to Chicago with the girls during the last weekend of July!  Phew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment